Sunday, September 16, 2012

phrom phrazes (serial collage... as opposed to cereal collage)




when roles are reversed opinions are too           I'll just nod. I've never been so good at shaking hands

 So here is the group of collages I've been working on. I'm calling it "Phrom Phrazes," the explanation for it being pretty simple. All the titles (under each image) are cut up lyrics from the album "Phrazes for the Young" by Julian Casablancas. I've been going through a phase (phaze?) of listening to a lot of the album and certain lyrics just have kept running through my head. Here's what's come out of it. More to come, methinks. Cheers.



once this whole world was all countryside.               but I am only a drop from the storm.



 anything to watch while we are waiting for this apocalypse?       where did you go? you were my ride home

  
we're going nowhere and we're going there fast.               I am at your feet where critters meet.


don't you dare get to the top and not know what to do                  I understand that's how it goes.



            nothing stands still                                 I live on the frozen surface of a fireball.


feels like I'm going left and right in the dark.                   soon I will simply evaporate.

 
UPDATE: ...twenty-four and done? See below.


 complicated mammals on the wings of robots           together we'll sing songs and tell exaggerated stories



those who helped me along the way
I smacked them as I thanked them                                     forgive them even if they are not sorry



      but there are some things
     they do not want the answers to                            we're in a race against time and time might be winning



and the ones who deserve it they'll never understand it           and you're watching the time run


soon the whole world will be urban sprawl        it's not gonna take all day long watching the urban decay all around us, oh boy     


UPDATE:  So, here are those last two collages I'd made for my series 'Phrom Phrazes.' The scanner has finally been sorted out.
This brings the count to twenty-six.
 

     you are looking for you own voice but in others
     while it hears you trapped in another dimension                                  that war is over

(all on 8.5x11" printer paper)

No comments:

Post a Comment