Tuesday, November 20, 2012

I'm not dead, I swear. Just sleeping.

I know I've been absent for far too long... I know how many avid followers I have and I'm sure they're keen to know what I've been up to: Not all that much.
But it's not been for nothing. I actually have a couple more collages to add to my most recent series, Phrom Phrazes, buy with my scanner on the fritz, they'll have to wait. In the meantime, I'll post photos of my Halloween project for work. You'll have to forgive the crudity of the model; I didn't have time to build it to scale or to paint it. (That's really only funny if you realize I'm quoting Doctor Emmett L. Brown.) Obviously it's painted - though crudely - but it was only constructed over a couple of days before Halloween. Knowing that it would be broken down and recycled the very same night, I didn't have the heart to create a 3-dimensional masterpiece. So, here's what I came up with:
 


More works shall be forthcoming, as soon as I can get them scanned in. I'm working to turn in an application for a fine arts fellowship on the east coast, so if I disappear for a while, fear not! I've just retreated to get stuff done that needs to get done. Cheers.

UPDATE: No such luck with the fellowship. Let's move on, shall we?

3 comments:

  1. Please tell me you didn't dismantle this already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But how am I going to get back to 1985 now?

    ReplyDelete